Layers

Image Description

I went for a walk and I thought the view was inspiring. I went around the foreground bush trying to get an angle that could portray the beauty of the moment.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I was not sure what angle or perspective to use to convey how peaceful and harmonious the landscape was.

Technical Details

Canon Power Shot G7 Mark III
8.8mm (8.8-36.8)
1/320 sec
F/9
ISO 125
Handheld
Basic LR editing

Hi Marie, now that’s a very intruiging image. It’s obviously of an urban (semi-urban) environment but the way you’ve used the curves and structures within the frame is very well handled. There’s a nice balance of warm to cool across the width of the frame as well.

What really makes the frame is the choice of moment to capture a great distribution of clouds in the sky. There’s a natural sweep of the clouds from the top left down to the horizon on the right with the single small cloud top right complementing the focal point of the grasses in the foreground.

The weak points of the picture are probably the large mass of dark mulch on the bottom right hand of the photograph but with the constraints of the subject there is little you could have done to fix.

A well constructed photograph that captured a moment very well!

I thank you so much. It really helps!