Moving forward

Image Description

This is in Spain, middle of the day. Sun is high, some clouds. An open space of sea towards distant mountains. I am located at a higher level and see this young person walking downwards by the wooden rail. I thought it was a good moment to capture a young person admiring and following a path in Nature.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I had second thoughts on the composition. I liked the landscape in front of me but the time of the day was not the best. Not sure if the wooden rail leads to the person in an effective way.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7
26 mm ( 24-70 mm f/4S)
F/9
1/800
ISO 125
L r de hazing of sky and basic editing

Pictures taken in harsh light with blue skies can do badly in competitions but they also do really well in postcard sales as its what people want to imagine when they’re thinking about a location. There’s is the conflict between aesthetics between the general public and photographers!

You’re right in your comments about the picture though - the fence is a bit close to work as a leading line and dominated the image somewhat. I would have backed away and up the slope a bit to try to get the path leading from the bottom left toward the person on the right.

Don’t forget that the clouds in a picture make up a really important part of how it can work and here we had a really large mass of cloud on one side and clear skies on the other, so it appears a bit unbalanced.

Later in the day and from a slightly more distant angle as mentioned and the scene would be very different.

thanks for submitting!

Perfect!. Agreed on all
Thank you!