Grass Waves

Another ACM image from day 4 of the Oregon Coast trip with @John_Williams. This one was an experiment to see if I could make a decent abstract from a clump of grass. The marsh grass used in my previous post was easy since it grows straight up. This grass was low to the ground and spreading in all directions. Not sure this worked very well, but definitely more abstract than the other images.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

D850, 70-200 at 200mm, f16, 1/3 sec, ISO 64 handheld

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing the image here. I think you have a good foundation in this shot. There are four prominent lines that I enjoyed in the image so I would recommend a slight crop to focus the eye on those. The greens seem a bit dominant to my eyes. Perhaps cooling the image will help bring out more color separation. I like the motion you have recorded here.

A fine grass abstract, Steve. These are fun to do. I agree that the green is a bit overwhelming. It happens on my images too and I generally cool things down with the white balance tool. It seems to help bring out the other colors. Well done.

Steve,

Terrific ICM. One of the main things I like about this one is the horizontal presentation. Not sure if this was a vertical turned sideways or not, but it doesn’t matter. I like the lines and the flow; with the whiter lines kind of anchoring the image.

Another great thing about the ICM is there are no rules - especially with the color! So I’m not bothered by the greens at all. Go for it!

No nits or suggestions. These are fun!

Lon