Grasses of Crested Butte

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In crested butte for wildflower season . These grasses were also scattered and prominent. I was entrigued by their flow and textures.

Technical Details

150mm f/11 1/6 sec iso 100

4 Likes

Mario, Beautiful color tones in the grass. From my perspective, however, it is a very busy scene, a bit of chaos. Personally, I struggle with such scenes. If I may, I suggest two changes of a similar nature;
I would blur the outer edges on the color and a B&W version of the image. I know the B&W maybe sacrilegious to you because of the great colors, however, B&W brings out more contrast to isiolate the center of the grass, giving it a better subject / focus point. Just another perspective, I do appreciate your artistic vision.

1 Like

Wonderful image! The out-of-focus LLC bothers me, so the blurred edges suggested by Gary may help that, but Iā€™m not sure.

Works great in color and black and white !!! The lines and sharp to soft image i really feels works great. Not a perfect world out there. Beautiful shot !!!

1 Like

THank you @Ronald_Murphy @gDan52 @Gill_Vanderlip for your comments and new versions Gary. I do like the B/W.

1 Like