Gray Fox + Repost for Tree Trunk

I’m pretty sure this is a male. I’ve been seeing the pair more and more often lately. Hopefully, I’ll have some kits to photograph around the first week in May.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I wish I’d had just a bit of light on the fox to bring out the silvery gray colors in his coat better. He was standing in the shade. Still, I love the pose and his open mouth.

Technical Details

Canon R7, Canon RF 100-500mm Telephoto Zoom, f5.6, 1/400 sec., ISO 160. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz DeNoise, though there wasn’t much noise in the RAW image.

2 Likes

Gorgeous capture of this beautiful gray fox, Terry! The pose couldn’t be better. Can’t wait to see the kit photos in the spring.

1 Like

Thanks @linda_mellor. They are a joy to have around and be able to photograph.

1 Like

you are so lucky to have them around so often, being able to watch their behaviors and of course, the kits in the spring.

1 Like

Yet another fox slam-dunk. How fortuitous having them around to pose for you. Super shot.

Hi Terry! Wow, this is a wonderful image. I really like the elevated rock outcropping. And also how you both seem to be on the same level. Very cute and love how he’s looking right your way!

Thanks @Dave_Douglass. Yeah, great to have them around.

Hi @Vanessa_Hill ! Haven’t talked to you in a while! Thanks very much. He’s a really beautiful specimen.

1 Like

Yes, when I saw your fox, I was thinking wow I haven’t seen Terry post in awhile but then realized it was me that hasn’t been very active on NPN lately! :slight_smile:

I was absent for a bit, too but back - at least for a while - now!

Terry, what a nice shot of this beautiful fox. Everyone has pretty much mentioned everything that I would have said. Guess that’s the price to pay for coming to the party late :grinning:. Thanks for sharing this image.

Thanks @Donna_Callais. The old saying ‘Better late then never’ certainly applies here! Thanks for your kind comments.

Great subject and wonderful platform, that too at eye level.
I may tone down the (very) bright tree trunk, going diagonally in the frame.

1 Like

Thanks, Jagdeep. I agree about the tree. That has bugged me ever since I posted the photo. I have posted a rework.

1 Like

Looks much better now !
Cheers !

1 Like