Great Egret

Description: Although bird diversity was not great, I took advantage of the limited offerings provided by nature. I liked the lighting on the white egret against an overcast sky.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D850 600mm f4 (1/3200sec at f5.6, ISO 1600) Levels, Topaz DeNoise AI, Brightness & Contrast, Crop for comp…Jim

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Beautiful light on the bird and through the wings, Jim. I really like the wing position and angle relative to the camera. My only nit is strictly personal: when I first saw this my brain said it should be going left to right.

2 Likes

Overall crisp image with great detail in the wing.

1 Like

Hi Jim
Even with the white on white of this shot, you have manage to give the Great White punch. The Egret has very good detail and its’ whites are well handled. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like

Excellent bird in flight image, Jim. Well done.

1 Like

A very pleasing image with wonderful detail and perfect exposure. I like the high key effect.

1 Like

A difficult image to expose for Jim but you nailed it. The soft, overcast sky really helps to show off the detail in the whites of the birds plumage. This would only work on an overcast day and you certainly made the most of it.

1 Like