Great Falls Mistbows #2

Here’s a mistbow in the top step of Great Falls on the Potomac. (7D2, 100-400 @ 400, 0.3 s, f/20, iso 100, tripod, 4 stop ND, polarizer and cable release)

3 Likes

Really great color and dynamism in the image. As an alternative view, I cropped down per below, making the image into far more of an abstract. I prefer the crop, but also quite like the original.

1 Like

Gorgeous Mark. Love the soft colors, the abstract feel and the energy! I do like @Harley_Goldman crop, but favor the original post for the space it proves for the top portion of the flowing water. Great photo.

Mark,
I love the color palette and the dynamic energy you captured in the water for this image. Really great work!

Mark, it really neat how many colors there actually are in the water, this must be a really interesting location to photograph. I love the energy contained in this image, your shutter speed worked well to capture a variety of looks in the water flows. In terms of composition, I like including the rocks along the top to provide some context, but I wish that there was slightly more of the rocks at the top. But that is a nitpick, overall this image works vert well for me, nicely done.

… A rainbow on a waterfall, I don’t think I saw that before :slight_smile: really nice catch, minimalism on all it’s glory. The only thing that kind of distracts me here is the top part of the picture, it’s somehow ‘foggy’ or smudged, don’t really know what happens there. I’m also thinking that I would try a couple of faster shutter speeds also, just in case I could get some more definition on the various shapes and forms of the moving water… maybe that would work maybe not.

… In any case, all in all a really nice scene here with a very interesting color palette, nicely done Mark! :clap: