Great Sand Dunes National Park - Colorado -Repost

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/200 sec @ f8.0, ISO 100, 70mm
I tried several different crops on this one and I don’t prefer one over the other. I just added the most extreme crop I here. I like different aspects of each. I enjoy the breathing room the dunes have in the original post and the additional emphasis on the dunes in the repost. Thank you all for the feedback!

4 Likes

Very nice classic desert scene. I like it. When I think of desert in my mind it often looks just like this photo. Serpentine dune patterns, sharp contrast between bright heat and cool shadows, and sand and sky (and too vast to pictured as a whole so it is a representative section).

1 Like

Marc, the strong contrast, warm colors in the dunes and how the ridges angle across the frame look great. The large amount of sky speaks to how open the area is, but this would also look good without much of the sky, should you want to emphasize the dunes.

1 Like

The layers layers and strong diagonals of the dark ripples make this a very dynamic image.
I really like the undulations of the dunes. Great contrast of light and shadow.

1 Like

Beautiful lines and patterns in the dunes, Marc. For my taste, there’s a bit more sky than is needed, but that’s just me.

1 Like

What a wonderful abstract with those shadows! I wonder if you considered cropping out some of the sky? The dunes make such a strong statement on their own. You’d lose some of the interesting contrasting color detail but it might not take anything away from the composition.

1 Like

At first glance, I see layers of yummy chocolate! (I guess I have a sweet tooth). This is a very beautiful scene @Marc_Brawer . I’m also leaning toward reducing the amount of sky, just a bit, but this is your vision and you can be proud and excited to have seen and captured this!

1 Like