Men in Perspective

Description: Great Sand Dunes National Park. The hikers in the upper left put the scale of these dunes in place.

Specific Feedback Requested: any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 200 mm f/11 1/50 sec iso 100

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing how huge the dunes are! Really love how you captured a desolate look to this place. Love it in black and white!

1 Like

The people add a great perspective for just how huge the dunes are, Mario. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Wow – quite a scale show here! I love the various lines and shapes. B/W is very nice here.

1 Like

Wow, I thought at first I was seeing cloudy sky at the top. When I opened up the larger image, it just blew me away. Love the comp and the B&W treatment.

1 Like

Incredible image! The B&W conversion has been very well done! Like David, I imagined I was seeing sky and clouds.

Ordinarily, I dislike footprints in an image like this, but they fit the image so well and lead the viewer into the dunes.

1 Like

Perfect for the Weekly Challenge! Great B&W composition .

Mario, the textures and shapes in the dunes are excellent. The tiny hikers sure do put the size of the dunes into perspective and make for a fun visual surprise.