Great Sandunes NP

Sunset at GSNP

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition processing. Does this image appear balanced?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
123mm, f/13, 1/60, iso 100

Beautiful! I’m partial to chiaroscuro realism to begin with. I’m also partial of abstract. The image is fully the former and on the very edge of the later. I don’t feel balance is an issue. The foundation arc is the stage for ethereal whisks of the rest of the structure. My first feeling was the maybe, just maybe, the right frame might be moved in a little, but that evaporated when seeing the spider silk line flowing t the right boundary.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

The composition/balance looks great to me. The overall mood is engaging - dramatic and sensuous at the same time.

1 Like

Looks good to me. I’m glad you posted a really large image to show off all the nice details in the sand drifts.

Nice presentation Mario. Yes, the larger version is a must see.

This artwork is stunning. You made fine use of the light angle, It creates both an immediate impact and invites the eye to discover delights in so many places. Many beautiful lines and intriguing forms.
Is it balanced? Funny thing, but that depends on monitor brightness. On my monitor tuned to be a little dark, the dark dunes are very heavy, making the image unbalanced. But when seen a little more brightly, the subtle detail in those dark areas is visible, and the balance issue disappears. So if you feel balance is a question, bring out that texture a bit, and see what you like.

Thank you all @paul_g_wiegman @Michael_Lowe @Bonnie_Lampley @Dick_Knudson @Eva_McDermott for your feedback and kind comments. Photographing these dunes was one of the most enjoyable outings I have had since starting seriously photographing.

Masterfully composed and processed Mario, this is a stunning image. Outstanding use of shadows here to emphasize what you wanted. The high lights in the dunes on the right remind me of the look of flames…

Wonderful image Mario.
Love the copmposition; strong and crisp on one side, smooth and fluid on the other.

Thank you @Ed_McGuirk @joaoquintela for your comments/feedback. Glad you enjoyed…it is my favorite from the trip.