Grebe at Ilwaco boat basin. Gray, overcast day (pretty typical)

What technical feedback wo uld you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Canon 7D mk II; Canon 100/400 @400;1/160th; 6.3;spot;400 ISO; WB auto

Excellent shot of the grebe, Jim. I love the bright water with the very subtle ripples. I can spend a long time looking at this.

Hi Jim,
Nice resting pose and I like the ripples coming out from the bird. Subject well placed in the frame. Nice image.

I really enjoy the mood created by this tranquil image. Superb almost high key effect. The pastels in the water ripples are really fine.

Well, Jim, there’s nothing not to be liked in this image. I especially love the calmness shown here. Th bird at ease, floating in amazing waters. Okay, a slightly lower POV would have probably even better, but not so much as to loose the reflection. Always something to wish for, but a high class image as presented! Cheers, Hans

Thank you all for your nice comments. I was fortunate to be able to be in the right place at the right time. Shortly after taking this the wind come up, and something startled the grebe; the water rippled and the bird flew away.