Grey Heron

Actually I’ve been working to learn different techniques to get the right amount of contrast, would be looking forward to your response on that…

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D3; 500 mm; ISO 640; 1/2500 sec. at F 5.6

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Really excellent warm color, detail, wing position, and separation from the background. A nice looking heron. Well composed.

A nice action shot and a dandy taking off pose. Very sharp with lots of detail and surprising amount of dof. Contrast on bird looks good to me. Perhaps the whites and bill could be toned down a bit they seem a bit bright. Also the top feathers on far wing seem a bit different but that could be my eyes or screen. Otherwise I like the nice contrast on the other wing feathers. It looks really good. Lots of definition on the bird.
Interesting colors in the bg.

Hi Jagdeep, nice flight pose and I like the wing, feet, and head position. I like how the image shows the environment as well. Nice details. I think I tend to dial in less contrast as most others in my own files. When I click on the largest version, I’d say I would have backed down slightly on the contrast. Still a well done image.