Guardian of the Fig Tree

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I grow many plants for our edible landscape and I managed to find several small fig trees for sale at one of our local stores. One tree is producing a small quantity of figs and as I was examining the tree, I spotted a small, but very cute gray treefrog. Luckily, my rig was setup for macro work and I got to work with the 200mm f4 micro.

Technical Details

Nikon Z9 200mm f4 Micro (1/200 sec at f18, ISO 400, Fill Flash at -2.0ev) Levels, Topaz DeNoise, Slight Crop for comp, rubber stamp tool to remove a strand of dog hair stuck to the back of the frog (Thank you Zero!), Curves adjustment for contrast enhancement. Enjoy!..Jim

1 Like

Wonderful!! Great pose, sharpness and detail on the frog. He looks content.

Tiny nits but I think you could remove the tiny bright OOF piece of a limb in the UL and the two bumps on the stem at the bottom – or crop there. Maybe crop the joint at the top?? I’m dubious about the stem in the LL corner – would be very easy to remove and possible but some trouble to darken.

I had no idea figs would grow that far north. They do well in our wider area but our little valley up in the hills has colder winter nights and they barely make fruit for us.

1 Like

Jim, this is a fine look at this tree frog. The range of greens and yellows throughout the frame is very pleasant and feel subtly warm. Yes, doing something about the bright oof bit in the ulc would be good.

1 Like

How Cool!, “A Fig Frog” :slight_smile:

I don’t feel the need to go on about technical positives about this image but I do feel compelled to commend you for such a skillful capture! :slight_smile:

Frogs are a favorite of mine and this is awesome! :slight_smile:

Well done, Jim!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a nice shot of this little guy, Jim. Sounds like Zero was trying his best to photo bomb the shot without even getting into it! Cute little frog and I love all the shades of green.

1 Like