Guardians of the Forest

Shot this past September while out for a walk in the woods.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcome!

Technical Details

2 Likes

Beautiful tree portrait, Tom. I love birches and these are so perfect in a group of three and all the same size and equally spaced. They were begging to be photographed! I like how you composed it just focusing on the bottom half and the interesting foliage.

Terrific, Tom. I love the three trunks. Great composition.

Tom, you see the world of trees as I do. I also see guardians. This way of looking in a forest brings a lot of possibilities . Yours I appreciate also because of the light in the trees and the dark background .

Nicely seen, Tom! I like the contrast between the bright boles and the darker forest behind. The vegetation at the bottom of the frame also adds some interest. I do wonder how this would look if you went with a more shallow depth of field to blur the background a little. I feel like this might enhance the contrasting elements a bit more.

Wow, I love the separation you got between the aspens and the background. Well done!

The power of threes! Straightforward, but that works well here Tom.

@Vanessa_Hill , @David_Bostock , @Ben_van_der_Sande , @Brian_Schrayer @aschlaep , @John_Williams - Thank you all for your comments. They are much appreciated!

I shot this image in early September and had hoped to shoot it again later on when the grasses and the other foliage turned colour but I was busy and didn’t get a chance to go out there. We had several significant snowfalls in the past week so this spot will now be covered in a blanket of white and I plan on shooting it again sometime this winter.

1 Like

That’ll be great! Look forward to seeing it with snow!