Halloween Pennant

A shot from last summer. I focused so much on the green herons at my neighborhood lake this year that I missed much of dragonfly season.

Canon 300 f4L IS, 1.4x TC, monopod
ISO 400, f16, 1/200s

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

Beautiful shot, Allen. Very nice details throughout the DF. I can understand your focus on the green herons this year though. It was a great opportunity to have them in your neighborhood to shoot when it wasn’t feasible to travel. I hope they come back again next year for you. Great shot of the DF.

I love how the dragonfly is perpendicular to the stem and the legs serve as that transition. Looks great!

Wonderful photo Allen, quite enviable. Very nicely done.

It’s a beauty, Allen. You’ve got a nice glow in the df, especially showing off the red stigma.

Lovely dragonfly with nice colors. Love the reddish color on the wings. great details on the body and wings as well. nice perch, background and perfectly horizontal body.

Allen: Almost looks like a studio portrait. Terrific detail on the DF. Just for fun I wonder how it would look if you took the BG high key. Nicely done. >=))>