Hanging Out

I saw this jumping spider out on the shepherds pole trying to stay in the shade (up close to 100 here in NC today). I grabbed my macro camera setup and ran out and captured a few shots. I like this one pretty good as he turned and faced me.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D II, Canon 100 mm L lens, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser. I shot in manual exposure mode, settings at f22, 1/125, ISO 160. Handheld.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

That’s really nice, Shirley. Great detail and you nailed the focal plane. I also like the angle you shot this at to get those four eyes head on.

1 Like

Real nice image of the ugly little bugger! :grinning:

1 Like

Shirley: Well here’s looking at you kid! A face only a mother could love but a terrific capture and eye popping detail. Many kudos! :+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

Shirley, this is a great look at this little spider. The details stand out very well. It’s perch is good for a grin with the simplicity letting the details in the spider stand out even more.

1 Like