Happiness

Going for a happy , childlike look here. Some processing in topaz and nik. A “shoot through”. D800, 300 mm at f9, ISO 1000, handheld (if I remember correctly)

Any commentary fair game.

Cheers!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A very nice presentation, Kathy. I like the lighter colors in the background for the coneflower with the bee to standout against. I think the low POV is a huge plus in this shot. Nicely captured and processed.:+1::+1:

1 Like

Very lovely!! Well captured. Makes me happy. One small suggestion: I would get rid of the white in the upper left at the top. My technique for that (in PS) is to open an empty layer, use the color picker to choose the adjacent blue, then paint with a soft brush at 5-10%opacity, changing the Mode to “Soft Light”, repaint as necessary to get desire effect. Like so:

Hi Tony
Thats a good suggestion - I will put two prints side by side (banner day here - I got the new photo printer working right out of the box today - so I’m running off prints )

The reason Ikept it to begin with is the desire to be “kid like”. Anyway, that was my thought. It was also why I kept that blade of grass in above the pink flower.

Thanks for commenting!!!
Kathy

Kathy: This is just marvelous. I love coneflowers in general and your POV here specifically. The bee is icing on a very fine cake. Many kudos. >=))>

1 Like

Very much like the composition and light here. The bee is a great bonus.

This image is wonderful, I like it as is - the look is great, and it seems to
have emerged from a child story, or a children country almanac. Beautiful.
Wish we could have this childlike look on many other things of life…

1 Like