Coneflower Fantasy

The original photo was shot with a d800 and 300 mm at f5 , 1.320 sec, ISO 400, handheld. It was a good shot (if I say so) and very colorful but I never really felt hugely comfortable with it because the color seemed to dominate the form. The green lines are grasses and were very bright.

A couple of months ago , I started tinkering. First I converted to black and white. Hmmm. Not happy there I painted some of the color back in , mainly on the flowers. The picture sat there awhile. Then I used a paintbrush in PS and started painting my own color on the other parts. It still didn’t look right. Then I started adding some of my overlays to give it more depth . Then I tinkered again in LR, making it darker, having a more compressed histogram. I think its there, although tomorrow I may decide I need to tinker more.

Any comment is fair game. Interested to hear what this group thinks. Coneflower%20Dreams2-

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Kathy don’t touch the photo any more, I love it as it is. So delicate, soft, romantic don’t touch it.

1 Like

Hi Kathy! I agree with Gigi. It is beautiful as is! His word romantic is a good fit. The soft lighting gives it a delicate beauty. I wouldn’t change a thing!

1 Like

I really like this, Kathy. I think you did a superb job on the colors and I agree with Gigi that it’s right where it wants to be. A beautiful image.

1 Like

Beautiful and dreamy as is! Tinkering does pay off and I often find it hard to determine when to stop. Very nicely done!

1 Like

Kathy: Just a superbly crafted image and a terrific result. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

I’m in complete agreement with the others… keep it just as is. Lovely, soft feel with just enough in focus to keep the viewer’s attention. Love it!

1 Like

Kathy, please leave it alone! The image is done, and truly well done at that!