Harebell

Harebells are very delicate and small flowers. Due to their slender stems, they often lean on nearby vegetation. Slightest wind causes movement. This one was standing by itself. There was just a few seconds of stillness, so I could do focus bracketing. This is one of my favorite flowers, but also difficult to photograph.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R6 + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/5.6, 1/1000, ISO 1000
Canon DPP4, ACR
40 images stacked in Zerene stacker

2 Likes

What a beautiful photo, Ravi. The bud at the top makes this flower photo very different. The BG is very nice. I very much like the simplicity of this image. Nicely done!!

OMG Ravi, how did you get harebell to sit still long enough to do a 40-shot stack? Amazing! They are so gorgeous, but blow about in the least movement of air. I like the placement of the flower and the accompanying two buds are a nice counterpoint. Background is so nice, too. I always seem to find these in a bramble thicket! This is a winner! Can’t think of anything to improve except maybe a little modeling on the flower itself (some dodge and burning with a color selection would work). Great job!

Thanks Kristen and Donna. It was pure luck that I found an isolated stem of Harebell and had to wait for the wind to get still. There was some movement, and it took a good amount of work on Zerene stacker.

Beautiful, well-composed and mostly well-isolated.

I liked most of your image. For me, the long vertical bud (?) above the flower unbalanced the image. I may be excommunicated for what I did to your image, but here are a couple of options that provide a better balance.

Simple and yet so beautiful - love that separation from the background

Don, I actually like the first one with shortened stem. I think the buds add a lot to to the image. I love the creative ideas coming from others and I can incorporate them at the next opportunity.

Hi Ravi,

Of the two options I came up with, I also preferred the image with the bud.