Harmony

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image captures the smooth lines and gentle curves of an agave plant up close. The soft texture of the leaves is lit up just right, with shadows that outline their shape, showing off the plant’s simple elegance. It’s a clear, calm picture that finds beauty in the subtle mix of light and dark.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

50 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄100sec at ƒ/14

Saundie, I’m enjoying this agave plant series. Wonderful visual design in this one. The bold black lines provide a wonderful optical illusion. That diagonal line up top is perfectly placed. Great work!

1 Like

Stunning in its simplicity. Wonderful curving lines and stark contrast. You have an amazing vision for these.

1 Like

Lovely graphical quality to this image, Saundie. Well done.

1 Like

@Alfredo_Mora @Chris_Baird @Dennis_Plank

Thanks so much for the encouraging comments! I think my experience working in the graphic design space during my youth has significantly influenced the way I see things. Thanks again! :pray:

This is beautiful. I love the lines and the white space at top. There is one little eye-grabber reflection in the lower left on the white next to the black. If you were to print this big (and I would) you might want to clone that out.

Really nice work here.
ML

1 Like

Thanks Marylynne, you have a great eye for detail! I will sort that out. :pray:

Superb image! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Laura! :pray:

All of these Agave plant images have been a delight to see. I note most have been high key which seems to suit the subject. Just wondering how many of these plants you have??
Just wondering if you have seen the work of Jack Curran. His plant series is mostly low key

1 Like

@Alfredo_Mora Thanks Alfredo! :pray:

1 Like

Terrific composition. The B&W treatment is exquisite. This is really well seen and captured. It’s that leaf up top crossing the rest of the scene that makes this so compositionally perfect! Terrific use of light and shadow, Saundie.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback David! :pray:

Thanks Mark! Mostly shot in different botanic gardens, I have about 5 about our place. Will check out Jack Curran’s work. :pray: