Harsh

When I saw the rusted piece of barbed wire against the dry, cracked mud of the Alford Desert playa, I thought it perfectly illustrated the harsh conditions of the area.

Specific Feedback Requested

What do you think about the vignette? I vacillated on how dark to make it.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

Chris, this is a fine look at a subject that is usually just muttered about… The details in the mud look good and I’m thoroughly enjoying how strong the shadow of the wire is. The shadow adds a nice touch of elegance.

1 Like

Simple, effective and a fine image. It conveys a lot as well. Very well done.

1 Like

Excellent, Chris. I love the angle you took this from to get the shape of the shadow and the wire itself to work together so well. The vignette looks fine.

1 Like

Wonderful abstract portrayal of “barren”, Chris. Must admit, I had to look twice to realize the wire had a shadow. The lighting really helps to capture the detail in the dried playa. The vignette is so subtle is wasn’t an issue for me. Very nicely seen, captured and excuted.

1 Like

A really nice abstract. The wire and its shade form a delicate shape, your choice of position for taking this image is very well chosen. The vignette is subtle and works well. I also like the gentle colors.

1 Like

Thank you all for taking the time to comment on my photo. I appreciate your feedback.