Hawaiian Canyon Shadows

I’ve posted this image before or one close to it. This is a big Canyon on the west side of the island of Kauai.
It’s a fascinating place for rainbows and rich deep colors. The shadows change constantly with the moving storms approaching from the northeast side of the island. An amazing place for sure.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too saturated?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 100, 24 mm, F8, 40th of a second, tripod, D 500

2 Likes

David: I’m a color junkie so not too saturated for me. We’re headed that way in November but have not firmed up all plans. This looks like a destination to put high on the list. >=))>

Not too saturated for me either. I wonder if you could do some more light sculpting with what’s already present in the landscape. Particularly in the LLC which seems a tad dark. I would see about cloning the little slices of rock down there, too. Or cropping them. The richness of the landscape is really wonderful and the rainbow just a treat. Well seen, but I think you could take it farther.

Yes, David, Waimei Canyon is dramatic both in the land and in the sky. Having been there, the colors look right. The light/shadow drama is great with the rainbow a fine extra bit.