Heading North

So fare I have posted three photographs from the morning of Sep. 7. The GBH came flying up the One mile River, just as I was entering the Back River. I like the wings in this first shot, I only wish they were tilted up a little higher to clearly show the Blue’s head.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, 403mm, F701, 1/3200, -1.7EV, ISO 400. In DxO Photo Lab 4, I decreased the highlights and blacks. The shot is cropped by 15%.

2 Likes

Hello Peter, I like the action sequence you captured. Good detail in the GBH and I like the lighting. It almost looks like a flash to me. What time of day? The out of focus back ground really helps the heron stand out. Thank you for sharing. Brian

Hi Brian
I photographed GBH at around 7:40 AM. No flash, just the early morning sun shine.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter, Great light. I will be out after the GBH again when our cold weather breaks. Be safe and thanks for sharing.

Excellent views of those big powerful wings Peter. I agree that shadow in the first one is a nuisance but still very nice shots. I like the nice environment of the bird as well.