Curiosity

This is my last post of the same GBH. This is also the first shot of the day. The Blue was walking down the river and for some reason turned back into the wind to giving me this shot. The shot is handheld and has a 30% crop.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F8, 518mm, 1/800, ISO 640, -.7EV. I adjusted the highlight, midtowns and gamma in DxO PhotoLab 4.

1 Like

Pretty cool look at the GBH. I am enjoying the nice warm colors in the grasses and the transition to darker in the background. Two things I’d look at. The horizon is tilted to the right based on the transition line from the blueish part to the blacker part.

Since you said this was a 30% crop, I sure hope you have more room at the bottom of the frame as the legs are in desperate need of a base.

I love the look of the heron and the lighting, Peter. As Keith mentioned the missing feet gives it an odd look, even if they are hidden.

Hi
Thanks for all the comments. I set the horizon to auto in DxO PhotoLab and can up with this. As you cans the grass cover the Heron’s feet.
Peter

I really like the contrasting bg colors and the far away wind blown look of the Heron. Just that one downside. Even tho the feet would be covered, without room for them in our minds eye they seem to be chopped. It has been a good series on the heron.

Hi David Leroy
Thank you for the comment, it is always a learning process.
Peter