Great Blue Heron

Description: I liked the setting here; seems to have a peaceful feeeling.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 252 mm; 1/1000@f5.6 ISO 1250.

A beautiful composition, Allen. Excellent detail in the bird with nice exposure as well.

1 Like

Hi Allen
Nicely framed nature photograph. The Blue has great detail and overall coloring of the for-ground and back-ground set the mood.
Peter

1 Like

Allen:

I too like the peaceful mood this image portrays. I like the inclusion of the reeds on the right and the grasses around the heron.

I find the water behind it to be really drab an unappealing . I wondered how well LR could handle this . A quick Select subject, invert, subtract the yellows and browns did a great job grabbing the water. Then a little Temp adjustment to a cooler blue and a tiny amount of saturation yielded this.
See what you think.

1 Like

Thanks, Keith. Looks good, the blue water creates a more upbeat mood, though I think the original is more realistic for the overcast, foggy day I took the photo in.

1 Like

Hello Allen, I like this. The weeds add a bit of interest but also shows the environment I prefer environmental photos. The GBH is a beautiful bird and one of my favorites to photograph.

1 Like

Hi Allen, nice look at this great blue. Really like the head turn toward us. Like the environment shown too.