Great Blue Heron

If I had a dollar for every GBH I’ve snapped a shot of . . . But they do make for an irresistible subject.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/400@f8, -2/3 EV, ISO 400

1 Like

Hey, I’ll give you a dollar for this one! :grinning: Very nice comp and awesome details in the bird. Well done.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I always tell myself “who needs another shot of a GBH?” and the answer is always “I do!”. Super details and rich color. Out of water is interesting in itself. Looks like it might have been preening.

1 Like

Very nice shot @Allen_Brooks . The habitat included in this frame really makes it .

1 Like

Hi Allen
This is more like a $2 shot. The framing really works well here, everything bring my eye to the Blue. The lighting really help capture the Herons white to blue-gray feathers. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like

We’ve all been here but this one is exceptional. Excellent framing by the setting. Impeccable detail and color. The background is excellent.

1 Like

This is really nice, Allen! Color exposure and detail on the heron are superb and the composition is just right. Having it’s environment around it really makes it a nature scene rather than just another picture of a GBH! Well done! :+1:

1 Like

Allen, I meant to comment on this the other day and got pulled away. This is a fine shot of the GB. For me I never tire seeing them or photographing them. I love how the limb comes across diagonally and helps frame him in. The feathers on his beak is a bonus.

1 Like