Great Blue Heron

The image makes me think of a grumpy old man with a coat pulled tight about him.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000 at f6.3; ISO 1250

1 Like

Well processed. Classic pose and composition in environmental setting looks great. I am enjoying this image regardless of how grumpy this guy is.

1 Like

A very nice look at this GB, Allen. I love the environment around him. Looks like where you could find a GB. Nicely done.

1 Like

Wonderful detail in its feathers Allen. I would agree, he does look like he is snuggling into his coat of feathers. Must be cold. Composition and background are spot one. Very nicely seen and executed.

1 Like

You are so right – that’ a great description of his look! Getting down lower could have softened the vegetation a little but maybe wasn’t possible, or the vegetation might have been better than the more distant BG.

1 Like

Great shot!
There are so many GBH shots out there…this one is memorable.
Love the way the chestnut shoulder patch is showing well.

Nice pose, setting is a bit messy and looks like maybe a little NR would help the BG.

1 Like

Very good, Allen. I like the pose a lot and the detail is superb. Your description is very appropriate.

1 Like

Nicely done Allen. GBH is well positioned in the frame and lots of detail. The old man looks right at home in the habitat.

1 Like

Very nice, Allen, and ‘yes’ these guys can have this grumpy look which you captured in an excellent way. Overall comp and colours add as well ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Hello Allen, Great composition and tack sharp. Thanks for sharing.