Looking into the sun

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This Blue was also photographed on the same day as the Egrets, I posted earlier.
With the sun just over the horizon, I spent fair amount time playing around with the exposure compensation on this shot.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, 1.4ext, f8, 508mm, -1.7EV, 1/1600, ISO 800 and cropped by 60% in DXO PhotoLab 7. I also used local brushes on the Blue to increase the micro-contrast and saturation, after I had lower the overall saturation.

1 Like

This is really cool with the far background blacked out and the grasses behind the heron still in good focus. I’m surprised you managed to get that depth even at f/8. Excellent image.

Hi Dennis
Thank you for the comments. When I left Rocky Heck State Park, I really had know idea what that photograph was going to look like, the sun was hammering the Blue.
Peter

Very cool image, Peter. I’m also enjoying the reflections of the grasses. Sweet light.

What a spectacular capture. Subject/lighting/environment/dark BG. Just wow!

Hi Peter, nice catch with the grasses providing a fine backdrop. The bird looking into the light is a nice effect.

Nice side lit shot Peter! I do find the shadows a bit heavy though. I might be tempted to selectively bring those up a bit on the bird only.

Lovely composition. You caught some nice light on the grass and it works well with the black background. Nice pose for the heron. Could see playing around with the showows on the heron, but really nice as is.

Hi Shirley,Dave, Allen Sparks, Kurt & Allen Brooks
Thank you for your kind words.
Peter