Waiting on the sun

![waiting on the sun]

This is the other Great Blue that stayed around the Four Mile River in East Lyne, Ct into Nov.
Unlike the first Blue I posted this bird just sat in the grass for the two hours I was at the river.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F8, 600mm, 1/800, -.7EV, ISO 800. I used a mono-poll for the shot and cropped by 60%. In DxO PhotoLab4, I increased the exposure by .12, dropped the Midtone and Blacks. I also did a little sharpening of the head and eye with a local brush.

1 Like

I like the pose, lighting and composition, Peer. The Heron seems rather soft in this one to my eye.

Hi Peter, the heron contrasts nicely with its surrounds. Maybe he was full of voles or fish. I like the light in this scene. Agree with Dennis that the bird is rather soft.

Some wonderful light on your Great Blue, Peter. It is a bit soft to my eye, but it works with the soft grasses. If mine, I would crop out the top of frame darker grass and just run with the lighter grasses the bird is captured in.

I like the setting but I agree with Dennis that it seems rather soft. Good color!

Hi
Thank you Dennis, Allen,Stephen & David for your comments. I went back to the original frame and had another look at it. ( Nov.11 at 8:22 AM). As you can see there was a fair amount of haze that morning. I add a little CearView and re-cropped the shot. ClearView Is meant to remove haze and fog.
Peter

I know it is soft, but I like look.

Heron looks deep in thought. A really nice setting and colors. It would have been nice of heron to get a bit of sunshine on the head.
That is a big crop so would have some effect on sharpness.