Help + Redo

Redo

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The first light breaking through the canopy made for a very unhappy frog.
Port Royal Cypress Wetlands, South Carolina.

Specific Feedback

Any and All
Thanks

Technical Details

1 Like

A great capture Steve. Managing to show an eye from each of the animals really helps to show what is going on here. The emerging head of the alligator and helplessness of the frog tells an “everyday story of swamp-life” but shots of predator and prey are always quite poignant (to me). The mirky water serves to frame the animals and the water ripples add a little bit of movement.

1 Like

Thanks, Ryan
I felt the frog was looking straight at me. This is a young gator about 3 feet long. He looks much larger here, which makes the frog look huge.
What do you feel about the red lead?
Thanks again
Steve

For me the leaf doesn’t cause a major distraction, but because of the ease of editing these days I might be tempted to look at a version with it cloned out.

Great story telling frame !
Both the eyes tell a different story. Personally, I may prefer a more rectangle crop than squarish one.

Thanks @JRajput
The top image is the redo cropped to a rectangle.
Thanks
Steve

1 Like

Life and death in the swamp. Really interesting capture in this one Steve. I agree with a more rectangular crop for this one. The leaf in the mouth is great since it helps tell the story of you get what you go for sometimes.

I disagree, I like the red colored leaf - its adding to the color spectre of the shot

Steve, I missed this one…Excellent image, and the Redo works best for me. The Redo has a nice punch to it…Congrats on the EP… :+1:

What a unique capture. The re-edit appears to have toned down the highlights successfully, though I’m partial to your original crop.