Heron reflections

I’m playing around with some new camera settings and firmware. The three images posted here are all in the neighborhood of 25% of full 50MP frame. This is in my neighborhood so it is very convenient but the downside is that the birds are rarely very close and the images require large crops.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 2000, 400+1.4 X, F5, 2000th

Hi David
Nice three shot sequence, the 25% crop hold up nicely and the framing gives the Heron breathing room. In the second photo the Heron looks a little under exposed. The ducks are a nice touch in the second photograph.
Nice work.
Peter

All very nice. You have good detail in the heron. I like the color of the water and the red reflection in the second shot. The ducks add a nice sense of action. I like the third with the water disturbance.

A nice series of images, David. Given the shots you’ve gotten previously with this camera/lens, these don’t seem quite as crisp as I would expect, like they’re just the slightest bit off. Were you on a tripod?

Well, David, the quality seems pretty much okay on my screen, how do they hold at 200%? Cheers, Hans

Hi David, looks like you took good advantage of the prevailing conditions for reflections and they all came out great…as far as composition, lighting, and detail are concerned. The first one makes me think he is admiring himself in a mirror, but I’m sure he’d rather see a nice little treat swimming below. I would not worry much about having to crop a 50mp frame.