Green Heron flight reflection

Took these two images yesterday morning at the neighborhood lake boat dock. I like flying shots with reflections.

There are four chicks being fed that have just started to fly small distances. Hopefully I’ll have shots of the chicks soon. These shots are of one of the adults coming in to feed the youngsters.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/1600s, hand held

2 Likes

Oh how great - chicks! I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a youngster so I anxiously await your shots. No pressure. :laughing:

The first seems a bit cyan to me and a tad too warm, but I really like the reflection of the water on the wings. At least I think that’s what the lighter stripes are. Nice effect.

Both images are excellent, Allen. I like the warmth of the first and it seems like a faithful representation of early morning light.

@Kris_Smith @Dennis_Plank
Thanks for the comments! Yes I get up to the boat dock early for first light on the water.

Allen, I also like the first shot the best, but love to have the honors of calling either of them mine. Well done. Looking forward to seeing the chicks soon.

Very nice images. The reflections are wonderful. Much prefer the first image

Both are excellent but I also prefer the first image. The curvey lines on the left wing and right wingtip seem to mirror the water texture. An interesting phenomena.

Hi Allen
I really like the first shot. It gives the Heron a reference point, as the second looks more alike a cut-out. Both photographs have good color and detail.
Peter

Very nice, Allen. I can only echo the others… I prefer the first due to the warmer tones, but also the superior angle (which shows the bird off a bit better).

I love the first one best as is and can’t wait to see the babies! The second one I think could make a really neat abstract image by cropping the bottom half and flipping it right side up like this! …

1 Like

You do have some nice and cooperative birds there! My preference would be the first image, as it looks more natural and warm to me. Love the pose ! Well done! Cheers,
Hans