Hi There! and Repost

And Repost:

One thing and another has had me tied up the last week or so, so this is from my last session at the local pond back on the 17th. This guy was hanging around the viewing platform all morning, but I particularly liked this pose with the raised head that shows off his white collar.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick mount, f/9, 1/2000, iso 640, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5017x5972. A bit of cleanup on the water.

What a gorgeous bird. He knows it, too. Show off! Great expression if a duck face is capable of that. The colors are fantastic and you left enough in the water so it doesn’t appear static. The ripples help with this, too. Curious about the vertical crop decision. The white ring isn’t always visible like this so what a terrific catch.

Sweet shot with nice angle, color, and detail.

While testing my Photoshop issue I brought your lovely duck into Camera raw and opened the mid-tones a little. He’s so sparkly now.

Hi @Kris_Smith Nice job on making the midtones pop. I hadn’t thought of that, but it really worked wonders for the image. Thanks.

PS. Thanks to your version I just went back and reworked this image using a luminosity ,mask that essentially blocked out the whites and applied a pretty severe levels adjustment. I like the effect.

1 Like

Hi Dennis - these ducks sure are beautiful and you caught this one very well. Love the colors on the head and chest. I could see more room on the right and less on top. Kristen’s rework adds some pop too. Well done.

Dennis, he is gorgeous, and you captured him nicely. Love the reflections of him too.

Very nice. Good pose with the open beak. You really caught the colors and the water is attractive as well. Brightening the image in the re-post makes the image even more attractive. Nice work.

Gorgeous!! I like the brighter version. I think @Allen_Sparks has a good idea about a crop from the top. I’d remove the lily pad up there too.

such a beautiful bird well-captured. I like the slightly rippling water, and nice reflection of the duck.