Hidden Treasures

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I have to admit it. I enjoy foraging for mushrooms. Therefore maybe this image has an attraction for me that others do not share. What I like about foraging for them is that they are hidden. It’s a game of hide and seek, but for adults. And when you find them you eat them. I just liked this image because it brought back memories of searching below branches in the woods. The challenge in this image was to shoot low enough to show the mushroom and yet imply that it was hidden.

Specific Feedback

Is this subject matter of any interest to you?

Technical Details

GFX 50R, 45-100, f/11

2 Likes

Pretty sweet slice of forest. Good thing the mushroom is as big as it is to work as an anchor. The sheltering tree is a nice bonus. The light works really well to illuminate the undulation of the foliage and to draw the eye deep into the scene. Good layers.

1 Like

A good photographer needs very little for making a good photo. You has achieved your goal of creating a feeling of research and discovery of a hidden mushroom. The image captures my interest also because I for a long time photographed flowers and everything else grows in the earth.

Lovely image Igor with a very appropriate title! :slight_smile:

Of course, this interests me very much. Admitedly, I’m not, nor have I ever been a forager… but I don’t think that prevents me from enjoying and appreciating the scene and your capture. The light is soft but very important and I think the composition is excellent. As Kris mentions, the mushroon is of sufficient size and righly so, the anchor to the scene.

No nits or suggestions. Enjoy this very much. Processing spot on, at least to me.

Beautifully seen, captured and presented.

Lon

It even looks like an anchor. In a way.

Igor, this is a very peaceful and inviting view. The fallen mushroom adds a fun bit of interest and whimsy…has me thinking about leprechauns… Creating an attractive photo in a forest like this is very challenging. You’ve done well here.

1 Like