Hidden Wall Flower - WC #886

I found this scene while hiking in a dry-wash surrounded by canyon walls of large granite boulders. It was actually too late to photograph the scene when I found it so I returned a week later at sunrise.
It was almost as if this small display was just asking to be photographed, if not at least get some attention. The canyon wall here is about 50 feet high and this tiny alcove was about 5ft above the dry-wash bed. Although the colorful lichen laced display box is about 2ft across the small bush or tree was the point of the photo. There is no dirt in the alcove so the plant stem must go down to the base of the granite to survive through a small tubular hole.

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210mm - Hoya warming CP - Velvia 50

Paul: This MUST be viewed large both to appreciate the small plant and to get the textures of the granite and lichen. Great find and a fne capture.>=))>

1 Like

Paul,

Fantastic illusion of scale here. That little green tree/bush is a wonderful “little” focal point. I think you’ve included just the right amount of surrounding rock to make this a great entry for the WC.

Colors, processing all look great as per usual. No nits, a great find and capture.

Lon

1 Like

Paul, this is a delightful look at this Bonsai alcove. What a neat find, very well presented. The “miniature ancient pine” and little plug of grass tell the story very well.

1 Like

Very nice, Paul! It’s a mini rock garden! It also happens to be heart shaped which makes it extra special :wink: I like how the granite texture frames the little garden. Good eye to see the opportunity.

1 Like