Hiding near the brush.

I was out at Sweetwater Wetlands in Tucson again and saw this mallard in the back. I liked the color of the brush with the color of the ducks head. I thought the two leaf stems were interesting how it framed the head.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I cropped as seen but I can adjust with the room I have. Cropping feedback welcome

Technical Details

R7 RF 100-500 w/1.4 at 700mm 1/100 f/16 ISO 1600 HH.

Like you, I love the colours and the two stems framing the head. I would crop some off the bottom and a little bit off the right, to avoid having the duck plum in the middle.

Great image, Dean. Mallards are so prevalent everywhere in the US, that I often thing they get taken for granted from us Photographers. They really are beautiful birds. This is nice example too. Well done.

Thank you for the comments. They are like the sparrows of songbirds that get ignored, are they. Mallards have a wonderful personally because I have worked very close to them at the rescue center in the 80’s

Though common, mallards make for nice subjects. I like the environmental aspect of the image; really adds a lot and the water reflections are pleasing. Nice one.

1 Like