Mallards

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I like the peaceful nature of the scene. Same drake as the previous mallard post.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 Tx at 700 mm; 1/800 at f10; ISO 16,000-amazing what these newer cameras and the NR software can do with high ISOs.

Very nice, Allen. the ducks are very well done. You might crop it a bit tighter, particularly with a tad off the right and bottom where there seems to be a bit more room than needed.

1 Like

Nice image, Allen. I agree with @Dennis_Plank about the cropping. Also, do you think the lightest areas of the ducks’ backs should be burned in a touch?

• List item
1 Like

Hi Allen, I too like the peaceful setting and mood of this image. The greens, reflections, and the ducks swimming at what appears to be a leisurely pace make for an intriguing image. You could try different crops like taking some off the bottom but I’d be happy with this scene as is.

1 Like

Hi Allen, I love photographing Mallards. This is a great environmental image. Well done. I am not sure, it could be me, but it feels like it could use a little Counter Clockwise straightening. But it could just be the angle of the shot.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hi Allen, nice and calm seen with this couple well shot in their habitat. I have the same impression as David about the levelness, worth trying I’d say. Other than that, fine as shown! Cheers, Hans

1 Like