Hills and Valleys

It was great to visit one of my favourite spots a couple of weeks ago. Even though it’s mostly known for its grand panoramic views there are some intimate hidden gems when you take a good look around. This is a reef I always visit when I’m in the area; around this time of year, the moss is exceptionally green.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

0.4 sec f/11 ISO 100

4 Likes

Wow, it’s hard to tell the scale of this, but it doesn’t really matter. This is an incredible scene. You’ve captured and processed it expertly. Well done, Andre.

Thanks for the comments David.

The capture of the spray is wonderful, as is the shape of the rocks. The light on the vegetation is wonderful. I’ve often wondered what that stuff is – truly a moss, or algae, or ???

Andre! Killer shot! It’s been fun watching you grow as a photographer through your posts. I don’t have anything to add as I think it’s a very good photo. Just wanted to stop by and say you’re doing a great job!

Wow, I love the luminosity and the saturation in those greens, Andre! And the motion blur in the water really compliments the image. Well seen and executed!

Super interesting image, Andre. I love the lines created by the moss laying down on the rocks creating a soft and dreamy appearance. I might burn that rock in the main channel down as it’s a bit bright and pulls the eye but other than that, I really don’t see much to improve this. Good texture in the water also.

@Tom_Nevesely @David_Haynes @David_Johnston @Diane_Miller Thanks for the comments.
Diane - moss, or algae, or ??? I’ll have to add my ??? :grinning:Maybe someone else in the community might know.
David - I actually brought down the brightness of the rocks in the channel quite a bit. I was worried I might have gone too far. It’s good to have another view. thx

My first impression was of actual hills and valleys. Amazing to see them at this scale with a sense of depth that one usually only gets with a vista type image.

Looks good man! Maybe try cropping off the bottom third? Just an idea. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments Matt. I tried a few crops to simplify the image already, but I think the shadows at the bottom play an important role in my presentation.

1 Like

Anytime! I feel the same. Sometimes I’ll even let an photo sit for about a week and then come back to it. I’m often like… Hmmm what was I thinking? LOL

1 Like

LOL indeed. For me it’s years instead of weeks, .and even then…

This is just super gorgeous, Andre - it just leaves me to wonder where this is and what this scene looks like without the long shutter speed. Love it!
Grtz, Ingrid.

Thanks for the comments Ingrid.

this is spectacular and it has a sense of intimacy that is fabulous.

1 Like