Day on the Moss 2

Explored upstream from a familiar falls and was pleasantly surprised by this lush setting.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
32mm, f/22, 0.6 sec, iso 2500, cpl

I like everything above the surface of the water and less so below. Both the sunlit and shadowed mosses are interesting and work well off one another. Maybe a polarizer should not have been used so aggressively.

Mario,

I think this is a great shot. There is a 9x16 photograph within it. I think i would crop the lower areas out, perhaps at the lower left rocks, just not as much water area on the lower. great shot none the less.

Thank you @Igor_Doncov snd @james19 . I actually had cropped this 2 ways prior to your comment James and based on Igors comment. Not sure which works better .

Personally I think the cropped version is a significant improvement. The eye start at the left mossy boulder and moves nicely across the image to the white water. Since the subject is horizontal a panoramic aspect ratio doesn’t bother me at all.

It took 5 days to get these 2 comments.

I’ll vote for the larger crop. I like the conversation between the two rocks and the cascade. I think that could be enhanced with some judicious dodging/burning/light cloning. Also, the whites at the base of the cascade are blown. I took a crack at making those changes - see what you think.

1 Like

Bonnie @Bonnie_Lampley I agree about the blownout cascade and I have made that adjustment in the original. Seems you took down the vibrance or something. The interesting thing about this shot is I never touched vibrance or saturation, the green is as it appeared, extremely lush and vibrant. Appreciate the rework and comments.