Day on the Moss 3

Tried to capture the essence of the interaction /melding of the lush and sultry moss with the stream/ cascade…

Specific Feedback Requested

comp and processing. Again not changes to vibrance or saturation.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
70 mm, f/22, 1/4 sec , iso 2000

1 Like

This may be your best image from your moss series. The composition is real strong here and I value composition a lot. The water also came out really well especially in the cascade section. I noticed that the moss is a bit warmer here than in the past. You could cool the image or adjust the greens towards cyan just a tad to see how that looks. The tuft of grass is an interesting change of pace.

I agree, this tight view gets to the heart of the matter, it really emphasizes the textures and colors of the moss. And yet at the same time, the waterfall integrates nicely into the image, despite the moss being so dominant here. For me, it’s strong diagonal lines of the stream and the rock in the LRC that set this image apart and makes it work well.

My only subjective suggestion on this image are to take the shadow areas a bit darker and cooler in WB. I think this is in line with Igor’s suggestion to cool the greens.

@Igor_Doncov @Ed_McGuirk thanks for the feedback. I reworked this and do like this version better with a little cooling an taking shadows down a bit.

2 Likes

The cooler shadow greens actually accentuates the yellow/green moss highlights, giving them a bit more “glow”. I like this rework with the enhanced color contrast.

Great image @Mario_Cornacchione thanks for sharing.
I have my creativity fix for the day.
I really like the way the water cascades down and how the diagonals are interacting in the image.
I love what you have done un the rework with the suggestions of Ed and Igor
I can’t help it but think of myself in that scene i would have probably gone wider and lost the impact you were able to creat by this composition.

I love the way my eye bops around the photograph; first following the water, then around and around the green.