Mossy Reflections

Explored a new stream that was quite low. I suspect these mossy ledges are usually under water and not really very vibrant. The reflection juxtaposed to the moss and rock textures attracted me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is this an effective composition? Processing?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
43mm f/5.6 1/20sec iso400

5 Likes

oh wow. I love this, Mario, especially the contrast between the rippled reflection and the mossy stone. No nit, simply gorgeous.

1 Like

A great image, Mario. I like it very much. The ripples and the moss makes up a good pair filling half of the image each. Nothing to improve here!

Great composition Mario. Love the orange, blue/purple, and green tones in this. Very vibrant. Well seen.

This is very good Mario,
love the vibrant colors but with a “quiet” composition.

Beautiful lights and colors Mario. The comp and processing look great to me. But what I enjoy most about this image is the study in contrasting textures between the reflection and the moss. It creates a very interesting juxtaposition of textures. I also like that the green color of the moss is repeated by the green foliage reflecting in the water. Very nicely done, I’m enjoying this one a lot…

@David_Haynes @Ola_Jovall @joaoquintela @Adhika_Lie @Ed_McGuirk thank you for the comments and glad you enjoyed this small scene.

I love artistic visions such as this and you seem to have a knack for them. This ones about color for me. I like how the boundary between water and land is seamless with one flowing into the other. It’s interesting how you started at NPN with all b&w images and now we’re getting all these vibrant colors. Good work.

Thank you Igor. Funny, I just posted a color image but was waxing and waning between that one and a B/W for the same site. I really appreciate you and others feedback on my images. In addition your application of the greater domain of the arts to mine and others images is a valuable asset to NPN.

What a peaceful scene! The analogous colors convey harmony nicely. For me the rippled water texture and rumpled moss textures are also a soothing combination. To my eye, the lines of the trees’ reflections and the downward diagonal of shoreline are the eye-catching compositional factors. I wondered if the large mass of moss on the left played a bit heavily with the bright watery mass. I played with it (presumtiously) and found another composition with a narrower crop that seems to me to take advantage of the lines converging toward the top. Also flipped to let lines go up to the right. And dodged a few darker edge spots. The result is not as peaceful as the original, though.
Another example of how a splendid image can harbor a second image within itself.

THanks @Dick_Knudson for the rework and comments. I do also like the rework.