Reflections 3

Made this image after a cold front went through thus the fog off the lake. I was attracted to the multiple layers.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all…

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
172mm f/11 1/30 sec iso 200

4 Likes

Cool image @Mario_Cornacchione ! I really dig the texture and the color. I appreciate you adding the white border as it makes it really makes images shine on NPN’s dark background.

You choose the correct orientation of the frame going horizontal which compliments the long horizontal lines.

I like the choice of shutter speed as it captures the texture well.

A couple things I would also try in this shot, and perhaps you did, would be zoom out a little to get all of the yellow band of color AND some extra margin of the next band of color to give the yellow band some breathing room and not feel cramped.

Second thing would be to capture one with fog and without and see which you like better. The fog has a different texture and feel than the colorful and vibrant water below it.

I like the painterly look created by the rippling reflection here Mario. The yellow and blue complement each other. I agree with Michael comment about having a little more breathing room for the yellow at the bottom.

This is another fine artistic image. These type of images often don’t get much attention from viewers, or even moderators, but it’s important I think to not be influenced by that and to continue developing your vision. There is a wonderful color layering in this image. It’s impressionistic in that it shows how we see rather than what’s there. I agree that having the grey layer a bit wider below the sunlit layer would have been nice.

1 Like

I like this image. Yes, it’s different and has an unique look, but what makes it work, I think, is the way the colors play work well together. The saturation is nicely balanced and there are alternating areas of saturated and unsaturated colors that create an interesting saturation dynamic.

Thank you all @Michael_Torkildsen @Eva_McDermott @Igor_Doncov @Tony_Kuyper for your time to comment and make suggestions. I have no room at the bottom of the image to widen the sunlit layer unfortunately.

Igor thank you for the encouragement. I know some of my images are atypical for NPN but they are one of the ways I see or interpret a scene in a non literal sense at times. Good to know they are still welcome here as I certainly appreciate the feedback to help me grow in the craft.

Nice one, Very cool.
Love this one Mario.
(Would you try to flip it upside down?)

I like this version also, makes more visual sense doesn’t it. Great suggestion

1 Like

Interesting observation on the layers of saturation Tony. I also like that Mario has alternating layers of warm and cool, and layer of color and near monochrome. And I love how the tree reflection creates a resting place for the eye. All of these elements come together nicely to make a very intriguing image, great artistic vision Mario.

Well done! @Igor_Doncov nails it commenting “another fine artistic image”. Never worry that your “images are atypical” for here, or anywhere. It’s the different approach, new way of seeing, and trying new ways that makes an individual grow and when you share it helps us grow.

Namaste