Hints of Winter

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I captured this image during a two week road trip in Colorado. Chasing leaves is an experience unlike any other. This year timing of peak color change was late. I had spent a week starting in Southwest Colorado not seeing much of anything as I traveled northward. After taking a break I decided to retrace my steps and it was absolutely incredible. I saw a front coming through the state and knew I needed to get as high up as possible for potential snow. I slept on top of my car and when I opened the tent at sunrise this is what I saw! Every color of fall with freshly snow capped mountains at the back.

Technical Details

Shot at 1/125sec, F11, ISO 400 on a Fuji GFX100S. This was a handheld shot at a focal length of 100mm.

Matthew, the colors and shapes fit very well into your pano crop. The stretch of grass at the bottom and stretch of clouds at the top are good additions. I do think that this would benefit from some burning-in of the sky and getting some more contrast (texture) in the clouds.

Thank you for the feedback Mark! I will definitely give that a try.