Colorado in the Fall

Another image from a recent trip to Colorado to photograph and enjoy the magnificent scenery and colors.
This is a 6 image pano stitch.

On this trip I also had the chance to meet @David_Kingham and @Jennifer_Renwick . That was an extra nice bonus.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
I labeled this as a composite since it is a pano stitch.
Olympus EM1-X
12-40mm f/2.8 lens at 21mm

1/320, f/6.3, ISO 200

3 Likes

Really beautiful work and a beautiful scene. I don’t see any way of improving this image. Good use of foreground with those reeds.

Agreed. The framing of the foreground shoreline echos the opposite side of the lake and leads the eye through the scene. Love how the mountains are peeking through the clouds. Looks like it was a great day to be out! Lovely work

Very nice work Keith, it was a real pleasure to finally meet you in person! Only wish we both had more time to hang out for a while. :beers:

1 Like

Keith,

Not much to critique, this is really a classically beautiful look at Colorado in full color. I love the inclusion of the grasses as well.

An atmosphere to die for, Keith. Love how those mountains peek out from the clouds. Thanks for sharing this image.

Keith, this image has a very dramatic look, thanks to the moody clouds from the changing weather. I really love the way you used the diagonal line of the foreground reeds and grass. It really helps bring this scene to life for me. I’m enjoying this image very much as presented, no nit from me.

Keith,
First off I have no suggestions as this scene is quite striking. It looks like you caught the autumn color at it’s peak and those low lying clouds are simply beautiful. This must have been quite enjoyable to view firsthand.

@Igor_Doncov , @Adam_Bolyard, @David_Kingham , @Alan_Kreyger, @Adhika_Lie , @Ed_McGuirk, @Ed_Lowe - Thank you for your kind words and for reviewing this image. As Ed Lowe noted, it was a very enjoyable scene to view first hand. It was also a good lesson in patience. I nearly left the scene as the clouds were very heavy and low and the rain was persistent, but waiting in the rain paid off. Sure, I could have waited in my vehicle which was only about 100 yards away, but the experience of being there is the major reason I photograph. I knew I’d get to dry off later!