Honest! It was Thiiiiiiiis Big!

And, honest, this is the last Bitten image I’ll post from this series, but when I saw how tiny the minnow was, I couldn’t resist.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I thought about trying to crop this to a head shot, but decided it wouldn’t really hold up at that scale, plus I think the background makes less sense and therefore becomes more obtrusive when it’s zoomed in too much.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 448 mm, handheld from car, f/6.3, 1/1000, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4404x2946.

1 Like

Oh that’s too funny. It probably catches bugs bigger than that on a regular basis! Leaving it completely visible was the way to go.

I agree about not going for the headshot, Dennis. I had to chuckle when I saw the size - or lack of it - of that fish! Looks like the ones I catch. Techs look good. Nicely done.

Another nice shot of this beautiful big bird. I’m glad you posted it. It made me chuckle. I think I like this pose of the bird better than cropping for a head shot. Good choice. I don’t mind if you post more. We don’t have them in our area, so I’ve enjoyed looking at them.

Another nice look at a bittern. Agree with keeping it as is, showing the environment.

Hi Dennis,

Really cool shot!

I’m guessing “Keeper” size limits only apply to people :slight_smile:

Love the title!