Honey Bee (?)

I was pulling out of a small parking area when I saw these flowers and bees, and I turned back around and parked and took some photos.

Specific Feedback Requested

General feedback.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/250 sec f/4
+0.3
ISO 100
Aperture, Pattern
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 272EE

@barbjgraham

Aw, she looks lovely. The very tip of the wing is in the focal plane, too. Bonus. This may be a honey bee, but I’m no expert. My bee ID book may be of help if you want me to have a go. You had nice even light for this (did you stand to make shade? I do sometimes.), and at first I thought the light petals were too much, but they’re not now I spend time with this. They’re OOF and the bee is so large in the frame that she’s not diminished by them. Glad you went back to check her out.

1 Like

Barbara, I’m so glad you noticed the flowers and bees and went back. It would have been a shame to have missed this shot. You captured very nice details in the bee, and he stands out nicely against the flowers. Lighting is good.

1 Like

Awesome Barbara. I love the detail of the bee and the color contrast is wonderful.

1 Like

Barbara, the flower and the bee stand out very well here. The details in the tip of the wing are special.

1 Like

This is a really great image. Excellent focus on a working bee (not always easy), and I like that you managed to get the details in the wings in sharp focus as well. The colors are really nice as well with the pink complimenting the yellow of the flower and bee.

There are strong pink colors in both the upper right and lower-left corners. Normally I would try to get rid of strong elements close to the borders like this, but here it works much better than normal I think with them balancing each other.

1 Like