HOPE spring

I took this 3 years ago and I still love the composition and story it tells of hope and perseverance. I am just now starting to learn focus stacking thanks to you all and Landscape Photography Podcast . I still like the depth of field as for me it ads the “more will be revealed” thought. Obviously I have a personal attachment to this image, and in my experience that can cloud my judgement of an image.

What technical pfeedback would you like if any? Open to all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) single image. Single image. Olympus E-PL7 MZukio 14-42 / 14mm /

f18 / 1/15 sec / iso 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I really like the scene and composition. The blue sky looks a little saturated to my eye and I might burn the boulders down a bit. Neither is a biggie. This one works quite nicely.

1 Like

Ken,

Totally understand the connection - we all get that with our own images and experiences. And even without that connection for me, this is a great and somewhat unique image. The lone flower to me represents “renewal” more than “perseverance”, but that’s no matter really, it’s a great nature story.

I would agree with Harley on the brightness of the rocks - and perhaps even bring down everything but the sky a 1/2 stop or so - not much.

Great depth btw. Beautifully captured.

Lon