Spring Genesis #2

A little tighter crop of my last post.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D800, 300mm, 1/15 @ f/16, ISO 200, -1 ex comp

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Whoa, I love this, Ed. I really like the sprinkling of red all-over the image but the green on top makes it really special. The mood is especially nice with the hanging mist in the air. Very subtle and very enjoyable.

I really love this image! The awesome greens and pinkish reds and that jumble of branches. As I write it, It sounds like it would be chaotic but visually it’s not and has a wonderful calming feel to it.

Beautiful image. As said, Eliot Porter-ish. Real nice work.

Oh, yes. This crop is very nice.

I like this one very much as well. I think there have been 3 images of this same tree and all are remarkably different to me. That confirms to me that it’s not the subject but how the photographer presents it that is the value of an image.

1 Like

Mike,
The larger version just has so many wonderful details that it is a visual treat for the eye. This just has a sublime mood with the light mist, which BTW does a masterful job of accentuating the lovely reds and greens of the new spring growth. This also has an air of mystery to it which is appealing. Beautifully done; no suggestions from me.

This is one really sweet looking image Mike. Early spring foliage images don’t get much better than this. The lighter processing of the fog also draws out the subtle red and green colors in the scene. I think this is a also a very balanced arrangement of the trees. Very nicely done :+1: :+1:

Michael,

I think you’ve nailed the scene with this one. Fascinating too, that I think you’ve combined the strengths of both you and Ed’s rendition of this scene. You’ve maintained the mood and atmosphere of your previous post, with the more ordered-chaos and spring-emergence presentation of your brother’s image.

As presented, I think this is outstanding - love this image and presentation. No nits or suggestions.

Lon