Spring's a Poppin

Nikon D800, 80-200 @ 200, 1/20 sec @ f/16, ISO 200.
All suggestions, critiques welcome.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Michael, A fine spring color-patchwork. I hope this is the right word in english . No nits , just beautiful.

Ben, the word “mosaic” of spring color would be a another way to describe it too.

I like the strong color contrast between red and green here Mike. We get that in autumn too, but there is something the fresh lime green color of leaves in spring that make the red/green thing work even better. Your processing looks right on the money to me.

This is a matter of personal taste, but to me this image is about the subtle colors of spring, and most of the color is in the top 3/4’s of the image. To my taste, I would prefer to see a crop like this instead.

1 Like

Mike,
We have certainly milked that particular tree for a few images in the last week or so. This looks quite similar to one I got yesterday. I have to say the spring colors are lovely and look to be accurate IMO. The large version is a visual treat with all the details and textures. I like @Ed_McGuirk’s small crop from the bottom as it tightens up the scene nicely and places even more emphasis on those delicate colors. I think this would make a nice print.