Hot Pink Lace

The color and delicacy of this seaweed lying on the cobble caught my eye. Flattened me and the tripod, and was happy with the capture. The light was shaded and indirect. Then many choices of how to process it, with the main challenge being how to subdue the surrounding cobble. First darkened all but the rock and seaweed, and then ended up softening the surroundings, with a moderate darkening. The result, I think, lets the subjects float a bit.

Specific Feedback Requested

Would this be a print that you would want on the wall for a few weeks?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5DIII EF100mm f/2.8L 1/10 f/25 manual focus .55m, AP
Photoshop – masked rock and seaweed, applied Topaz sharpen AI to that. Reversed the mask and used curves and Gaussian blur to take the cobble out of focus. Burned some of the rock to give it a little depth.

Dick, this is a really nice find, and I like the low point of view. I think you managed post processing very well. I was disappointed that I wasn’t able to view it in the larger view, hence unable to address your question about a print on the wall, but from the smaller it sure looks like a nice image.

A really nice find. Like that you used a low position. The processing of the circumferential stones are very good. From an artistic side it for sure could be a great print on my wall! I am using my Mobile Phone, but zooming in with that device the sharpness of the details seems excellent, making it a fine print also from a technical point of view. The details are important for this image.

Thanks. Now it opens. I changed the .jpg to be a bit smaller, which did not seem to help, and then changed again, using sRGB color (I had inadvertently left it in Adobe RBG before). After the last change, the image behaves properly.

Dick, you figured it out. We have had issues with other images, so now maybe I can suggest that they check their color to be sure it is sRGB.

It looks nice. As Ola said, plenty of details to make a print. I can’t think of anything that would improve it.